Professional roles and identities are moving into a new professional landscape, where single strong professions are fragmented into groups of experts in specific fields. Identity is constantly interpreted and redefined combining the professional and private identity. Whether we work with lawyers, journalists, doctors or university professors we combine individual coaching with teams under these assumptions:
- Identity can be developed; one is not born a professional − one becomes professional.
- Experts need social skills. Therefore, learning in communities is important.
- The development of identities of individuals are linked to their professions.
- Legal knowledge is a matter of competence, with respect for the values and the legal framework of the profession and of society.
- Both individuals and professions have societal obligations.